• Bistro Romano opened in 1999 and has since become one of the most loved restaurants in the area. Owners Romano & Paolo Minchella started their first restaurant in Seaburn over 30 years ago and has been delighting customers with great food, great ambience and great service ever since.
• From simple Italian pasta and risotto dishes to fish and meat specialities – there is something to tantalise all taste buds.
• Romano started off his career working within the family ice cream business. Whilst running the business the company won the Best Ice Cream in Europe Award in 1971 in Paris. His heart has always been in cooking and his dream was to open his very own Italian restaurant. Together with brother Paolo they opened their first restaurant in 1981. They went on to open 2 further restaurants in the region at the MetroCentre Gateshead and the Customs House in South Shields.
• With a loyal local following Bistro Romano is a firm favourite within the area.
• Owners Romano & Paolo maintain their success over the last 30 years is down to sourcing the best quality ingredients from field to fork. Our beef and lamb comes from local farms and the majority of our fish is from sustainable waters. We prefer to use locally sourced produce and, whenever possible, organic too. As all our dishes are made to order we can adapt to the customers needs and requirements. Gluten free- and dairy-free options are available upon request.
• Our wine list of new and old wine is extensive with a fantastic range from Europe & other World Wines.