Hospitality & Entertainment
• Bistro Romano opened in 1999 and has since become one of the most loved restaurants in the area. Owners Romano & Paolo Minchella started their first restaurant in Seaburn over 30 years ago and has been delighting customers with great food, great ambience and great service ever since.
• From simple Italian pasta and risotto dishes to fish and meat specialities – there is something to tantalise all taste buds.
• Romano started off his career working within the family ice cream business. Whilst running the business the company won the Best Ice Cream in Europe Award in 1971 in Paris. His heart has always been in cooking and his dream was to open his very own Italian restaurant. Together with brother Paolo they opened their first restaurant in 1981. They went on to open 2 further restaurants in the region at the MetroCentre Gateshead and the Customs House in South Shields.
• With a loyal local following Bistro Romano is a firm favourite within the area.
• Owners Romano & Paolo maintain their success over the last 30 years is down to sourcing the best quality ingredients from field to fork. Our beef and lamb comes from local farms and the majority of our fish is from sustainable waters. We prefer to use locally sourced produce and, whenever possible, organic too. As all our dishes are made to order we can adapt to the customers needs and requirements. Gluten free- and dairy-free options are available upon request.
• Our wine list of new and old wine is extensive with a fantastic range from Europe & other World Wines.
Visit England Four Star Guest accommodation located in the heart of South Shields. The Clifton provides comfortable, well appointed rooms, great facilities and a warm friendly service that you get with a family run business.
All rooms are tastefully decorated and have en-suite facilities. Tariffs are quoted on a Bed & Breakfast basis. Browse through our site to see why the Clifton should be your first choice when staying in South Shields.
The Customs House offers arts and entertainment for all, serving the residents of South Tyneside and beyond with a varied programme of live performance, cinema, visual arts and projects for children and young people.
The Customs House is open 363 days of the year and is located within the conservation area of Mill Dam in the town of South Shields. Situated on the south bank of the River Tyne adjacent to the ferry landing, it has impressive views both across and up and down the river. The building is comprised of a 437 seat theatre, 145 seated studio/cinema, gallery spaces, restaurant, private dining room and an events suite.
Welcome to Hedworth Hall, an elegant building built in 1919. we are delighted to say it still has many of its original features.
Conveniently located in the historic Westoe Village of South Shields, Tyne & Wear, we are a family run business with many years experience in the food and beverage industry. We are the leading venue in South Tyneside for Celebrity speakers were we have hosted evenings with Alan Shearer & David Haye.
The Halls warm, friendly atmosphere is a perfect place for dining and socialising. We have a dedicated In House catering team who are more than happy to discuss your requirements.
We are proud to boast 2 large function rooms known as The Ballroom and The Temple Room, making Hedworth Hall an ideal venue for Weddings or any special occasion. We are pleased to offer free off road parking for all visitors to the Hall. We can provide a full Wedding Service including the Wedding Service itself as we are registered and certified.
Pier Pavilion, Pier Parade
Tyne and Wear
Welcome to The Westovian Theatre Society’s web site. We are one of South Tyneside’s leading amateur theatre groups producing a variety of senior and junior productions each year.
You can contact the theatre at any time using the details below. The Westovians are always eager to welcome people interested in presenting high quality theatre in a professional manner.
We welcome budding actors, people interested in the various disciplines of stagecraft, such as: sound recording, lighting design, set building, wardrobe, props, admin skills etc. “It’s great fun and rewarding for people of all abilities, but main qualification is the ability to work and enjoy yourself”.
We look forward to hearing from you!